This cute craft project is fun to make and only requires a few inexpensive supplies. The kids will love making these adorable decorations for Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Cardboard Craft Project – Native American and Pilgrim Decorations
What you’ll need:
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls
- Construction paper in different colors, including, black, white, yellow, tan/skin colored, and peach
- A black marker for drawing in faces and decorations
How to make:
- Cut out two strips of skin colored paper that will cover at least the top 1/2 of each roll and will wrap all the way around.
- Glue the skin colored strips to the tops of the rolls.
- Use a marker to draw in the faces to your liking.
- Cut out a strip of peach construction paper with a length that will wrap all the way around the roll, and a height of about 2/3 of the roll for the Native American.
- Cut out a strip of black construction paper the exact same size as above for the pilgrim.
- Glue each of the strips onto the rolls, starting at the bottom, leaving about 1/3 of the roll exposed at the top, which should now be skin colored.
- Cut out a strip of black and a strip of yellow for the hair. Each strip should leave room for the hair to be a little bit longer than the top 1/3, as pictured, and should wrap around just enough to leave room for the faces.
- Once the strips have been cut, go around each strip and cut little strips, but do not cut all the way through, leave a bit of space at the top to glue the hair strips on.
- Glue on the hair strips.
- Cut out yellow feathers and glue them on the girl.
- Cut out a peach band that will wrap all the way around and glue it to the top of the Native American girl.
- Cut out a white decorative piece as pictured for the pilgrim’s shirt and glue it on.
- Cut out a black circle that is wider than the roll, and glue it to the top of the pilgrim’s roll.
- Cut out a black strip for the hat, wrap it into a cylinder, and glue together.
- Glue the hat top onto the hat.
- Cut out a white strip for the band of the hat and glue it onto the hat.
- Cut out a yellow buckle for the hat and glue it on.
- Use the market to add decorative touches to the outfits.
Now that you have created these, feel free to use your creativity to make more Thanksgiving dolls for you decor!